Friday, November 21, 2008
Maren was the first person who donated to my cause, lol. She and her new husband of only a couple of months, along with her awesome sister, brought us over our first table and chairs. So here is another person who, after working all day on her feet, took the time to come over and help me out. I really am blessed!
So on another note, I am about to work a 3 day stretch and then fly out Monday night (0n my birthday) to Texas for the week. I plan on getting some good pictures if the camera cooperates, that is. Everyone will be there including Elizabeth and Hannah with her boyfriend, Justin. So a good time is to be had I'm sure.
Gotta pop off and get the boy up for school. Have a great day, a wonderful weekend, and a fantastic Thanksgiving!
Ciao, De ;)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
I can't wait for my Thanksgiving holiday cause boy do I need a week off. The only thing I'm dreading is flying...actually had a panic attack about it earlier this week. Breath!
Oh I changed my music to only come on if you click on it. I noticed it was could be rather annoying if you weren't in the mood to listen anything. :)
Well, hope you all have had a wonderful weekend!
Ciao! De ;)
Thursday, November 13, 2008
1. I, too, am thankful for the Lord and all that He bestowes upon me.
2. I am thankful for Hannah and Caleb who I love without measure and who I don't get to spend enough time with. It must be very difficult being my children. Enough said.
3. I am thankful for Elizabeth. She lived down the street and somehow snuck into my heart and became my third child. I am so proud of her for graduating from nursing school and the hard and often unthankful job she is doing.
4. I am thankful for my sister, Kathryn (yes dahling, you are my favorite, lol). She and I have been through so much and have a common thread in life. We should band together to fight the evil men of the world.
5. I am thankful for my Mother who listens tirelessly, or so it seems to me, to my endless gripes about my ex.
6. I am thankful for my job, my promotion, and my raise in an economy where many are losing theirs.
7. I am thankful for patients who come into the ER, whether they need to be there or not, for they are job security.
8. I am thankful for friends near and far, and in the cyber world. I have met such wonderful people but none have touched my heart like those unseen.
9. And that leads me to my conclusion where I have to say I wouldn't be participating in this Thankful Thursday if it wasn't for Betty. She is a wonderful, selfless person and I hope she knows what a special place she holds in my heart. Betty, I do hope we get to meet one day in this world before we meet in the next.
And now for a movie review....
Very disappointing! What a waste of an awesome actor. Al Pacino is too good for this movie. Hokey music, predictable plot, poor acting, even poorer directing. Only reason I kept watching was to see if I was right about who was the actual villain. Glad I didn't waste my money at the theater, sorry I wasted it on the DVD. Wait till it comes out on TV and then skip it.
Speaking of dramas, that was the theme of things last night at work. Everyone had their agenda, or so it seemed. The one that is the winner of the night was a 25yr-old girl who came in basically for a medication refill. Now usually we medically screen these people out because that is not what the ER is for, but this girl was like "oh well I have pelvic pain and discharge" (my favorite, right Veronica?). So since I had the gyno room last night I inherited her. Boy was she a piece of work. Kept asking for Xanax, constantly. NP said no, no, no, and hell no. I gave the patient an antibiotic shot to help her with her PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) and told her it would be 20 minutes before she was discharged. "Um no, I need to go now and get my prescriptions" (she already knew NP wrote for 4 Xanax. I advised the patient that we hold people the 20 minutes after medications to make sure they don't have a reaction. "Well I won't so get me my prescriptions now." Not even a please. No, I told her, the best I could do was 15 minutes. This started a bargaining phase to which I won of course. I had no longer walked out of that room when she was on the call light telling the tech she was ready for her prescriptions now. I told him to tell her she was welcome to leave but it would be without her prescriptions as it wasn't 15 minutes yet. So she stayed. And when I went in to let her go, I told the patient she was not to ever try and bargain behind my back when I've already told her what the plan was and that we have rules in place to save people's lives. That girl came up off the bed and literally flew across the room at my face. I used one of my TKD moves on her and shoved her out of the way. I threw open the curtains to draw attention and get help if needed, then I yelled at her to get out of the ER before I had her arrested for assault and all the way out she was cussing and threatening me. OMG! Can I please have "real" sick patients and not those who just want drugs? Like I said...full moon drama.On that pleasant note I think I'll call it a night.
Ciao! De ;)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Just want to do a quick shout out to all the men and women of the armed forces and say Thank You for everything you do, have done, or will do for this great country. Your sacrifices are unlimited and appreciated. Freedom isn't free and you above all know the ultimate price.
And a special note of thanks to my Uncle Fred...thank you so much for being who you are and for everything you did to make our great nation free. I can only hope and pray that my son will grow up someday and be half the man you are.
God Bless our Military and God Bless the United States of America!
Ciao! De ;)
Saturday, November 08, 2008
I spent the last three days off and either not sleeping, or sleeping the night away. I swear I couldn't stay awake to save my life last night and fell asleep about 8 or 8:30. I attempted a couple of times to get up and stay up since I have to work tonight, but my body said "No! No more! Sleep you must!" lol. So here I am up since 8:30 this morning. I guess I will try and take a nap later on as I have to work the next three nights.
PS...here is a little meme fun from Patrick
Tag: Saturday Six — Patrick @ 2:09 am
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as “first to play,” you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!
1. If you had to fill in as a substitute teacher at a local middle school, what subject would you be most comfortable teaching? History or Science.
2. When you were in school, what was a better indication of your true understanding of what you were learning: class participation, the accuracy of your homework, or your test scores? Class Participation.
3. You meet someone for the first time and have a brief conversation with them. If you run into them the next afternoon, how likely are you to remember their name? Well it depends on what kind of impact they had on me, but I usually can remember the next day.
4. Take the quiz: Do You Have Gaps in Your Knowledge?
|There Are 2 Gaps in Your Knowledge|
5. If you had “gaps” in your knowledge, did you expect to have them where they were predicted? If you had none, which of the listed subjects would be the ones you’d most expect gaps to be? I expected Art and Philosophy...some science.
6. If you could go back to school for one semester free of charge and “try again” with any subject, which one would you choose and why? Oh I’d choose Spanish instead of French for a foreign language. Would really help me out now living in the SW.
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Well, in case you can't figure it out (ha ha) I voted this morning. And if I can work the last three nights, stay up, stand in line, and VOTE, and go back to work tonight, then you had better get your butt out there and vote too. So, no matter which way you vote, to the right or to the left or somewhere in between...JUST VOTE!
Don't disappoint me! Now I had better hit the sack so I can go save some more lives tonight.
Ciao! De ;)