Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday - And I Suppose I Could Be Upset

So...not the best way to get woken up someone pounding on your door. Not the best thing to see when you sit up in bed and try to figure out just what woke you up. What? Water. Water, water everywhere.

Apparently my toilet overflowed (insert ewwwwwwwws here) while I was sleeping. Must have been running for 2hours cause I was up at 0845 to take care of my human needs and promptly went back to sleep and it was now 1045. So I jumped up and promptly ran through 2inch deep water to turn my toilet off then ran downstairs to let the maintenance man in, then ran and turned off everything that was plugged in. I had only been asleep about 2 1/2 hours after working all night and I could see this was going to be a long day.

About 6 months ago I turned in my rental furniture and have been sleeping on a borrowed mattress on the floor. All my electronics were on boxes on the floor except my DVD player. Everything was plugged into power surge protectors. Every wire was floating. Any moment and the water would have washed over the surge protectors and began shorting out my electrical equipment. A few more moments and a lot could have been ruined and/or I could have been electrocuted just running through the water.

So while it's an inconvenience to have to pick up every thing on the bedroom and closet floor, while I will be forced to throw things away because they are ruined, while I am losing sleep and had to call off work tonight and will lose some amount of money, and while I am going to have to spend some money to buy a new mattress, I can see the silver lining. I have been needing to sort through papers and shred and throw away, I need to start boxing things up because I plan on moving in a couple of months, I do have extra money in savings and I do have sick time I can use. And the biggest silver lining of them all...I didn't get hurt nor did my neighbors who must suffer through this as well. Thank you God for the many blessing you have bestowed upon me!

So what I only got 2 1/2 hours sleep...I get a paid day off, lol.

Have a good weekend!

Ciao! De ;)

2 comments:

  1. (((De))) Poor you!!!! Thank the Lord you got up in time before any further damage! I like your attitude!!! glad things will get put back into place (soon); glad you have a chance to have the day off too to put things back in place ((((De)))

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you didn't get hurt!!! My gosh, that must have been a shock to wake up to. But you know what...I loooove your attitude. And kudos to you for going to the bright side! I love that!!!

    ReplyDelete