Hey all, looks like we are all getting used to this new “spot”. I have been a little conflicted on whether or not to stay here in my new home or continue where I left off on my AOL journal, which I was able to get transferred the other day. I already had this journal set up prior to AOL dissing their journals, and I think I’m just gonna stay here. Time for something new all the way around, don’t you agree? There are definitely some fun options, like the music. But tell me, honestly, do you like it, or does it bug you to hear music when you click on my journal? I have it set to shuffle so you shouldn't hear the same thing every time you get on.
So how’s it in your neck of the woods with the economy taking a nose dive? I keep saying there is no recession in health care because people just don’t stop getting sick because there is not as much money these days, but really, there is. What do you think happens when people don’t have much money? Do you think “I will just pay off that hospital/doctor/dentist bill?” No heck, they think just the opposite so we are definitely feeling the pinch at work. It started in April when they took aware our bonuses for extra shifts, then they decreased our pay (a market adjustment they called it), then they are severely limiting our overtime by migrating employees over from the other sister hospitals and canceling us (grrrr). Another thing our corporation did was combine two hospitals calling it “one hospital on two different campuses). The biggest noticeable effect is administration and management is slowly but surely being combined, and not only between the two, but now to include the third. The only part of that I’m really worried about is the staffing, which is being switched to the third hospital. Will I be called off a bunch and if I am how the frick and I going to pay my bills? Egads! I know that as a nurse I shouldn't’t have to worry about job security, but I am about to have an MI! Do you know I am making $7 LESS an hour than when I moved to this state almost 4 years ago? Hey Melissa, I’m curious how it is in Kentucky. Do you see some budget crunches at your hospital. And Betty, what about Jim, is he seeing cutbacks where he works as well?
Now onto a lighter note, I found this over at Lyn’s and decided to play along…
A blast from the past...one of my old school surveys...
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Girl you are F-A-T!
2. How much cash do you have on you? $20.00
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR? Ummmmm...bore
4. Favorite planet? I have to agree with Lyn and say Pluto because it is just a little wanna-be according to the new mind-set, but I still love it.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? “restricted”
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? “So What” by Pink. Perfect for my current situation.
7. What shirt are you wearing? A raggedy old navy tshirt
8. Do you label yourself? Determined.
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing? I’m barefoot.
10. Bright or Dark Room? Dark is always better, muahahaha!
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? I think she is a hoot.
12. What does your watch look like? Gold/platinum.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Awake rearranging my closet (yes, I have no life)
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? Miss you cmb.
15. Where is your nearest 7-11? Can hardly find one around here, mostly in Phoenix proper.
16. What’s a word that you say a lot? Jeez
17. Who told you he/she loved you last? My wonderful son.
18. Last furry thing you touched? Ummmm, I try to avoid furry things, lol.
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? Just the same ole boring otc and rx ones. I think I get plenty of highs from just being at work and taking care of my patients thank you.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? Two.
21. Favorite age you have been so far? I would have to say 29 (and all who know me well should get a pretty big laugh out of that answer).
22. Your worst enemy? Easy to say...myself.
23. What is your current desktop picture? Thunderclouds with the bible verse “I am with you always” Matthew 28:20. Kinds reflects where my life is right now and keeps me grounded when I despair.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone? “Oh you scared me!” to my son.
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? Well this won’t be a surprise to anyone who knows me, especially Betty….A million bucks any day over flying!!!
26. Do you like someone? As in just “like”? I like a lot of people. As in “crush”, just my Hollywood fantasies and thank you that is where it needs to stay. Boy’s are stupid.
27. The last song you listened to? “Release Me” Wilson Phillips
28. What time of day were you born? Ummmm I think after 10pm on a Sunday
29. What’s your favorite number? 7
30. Where did you live in 1997? Midwest City, OK. I was single and just starting to date David…can I go back and change time…no never mind I wouldn’t have Caleb.
31. Are you jealous of anyone? No…
32. Is anyone jealous of you? Of course, isn’t everyone?
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? Taking Hannah to school.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Cuss and hit them.
35. Do you consider yourself kind? Yes, for the most part.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? Well, I already have about five, and there is one I REALLY want to rework. NEVER do names guys!
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? Spanish, and only because it would benefit me at work.
38. Would you move for the person you loved? I already did and now I’m stuck in Phoenix with my family 1100 miles away from my family
39. Are you touchy feely? Not at all
40. What’s your life motto? I’m never getting married again!
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? My cell phone so my peeps can get hold of me, no really, so my kids can, lol.
42. What’s your favourite town/city? Ooo that is a hard one, I really don’t know. I do love Fort Worth.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Dinner at work.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Hmmm, does a Court motion count?
45. Can you change the oil on a car? Nope.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? Jeesh, I have absolutely no clue, ha ha
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? To Europe.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? Ummmmm, that’s sad.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? Yeah, my freakin back. I’ve got to lose weight.
50. Have you been burned by love? I have to agree with Lyn and say “yes and there is no pain like it in the world”. Living it right now.
Okay that was painful, lol. Play along why don’t ya!
Ciao! De ;)