Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday - And It's Movie Review Time


Caleb took me to see Igor yesterday. It was actually cuter than I thought it was going to be. Had both adult (snuck in) and kiddie humor. The blind orphans singing "I can see clearly now" was hilarious!!! We went to the matinee. Even though it was cute, save your money for the DVD.

Caleb also took me to his school carnival on Friday night, a yearly event that "we have been waiting for all year, right Mom?" Sure, dear, lol. It was better than the previous two years as a cool front rolled through and it wasn't sweltering. Nice comfortable 80s. More "rides" such as bouncers and rock climbing. Games were good too. Caleb met up with some friends and had a ball. Great event that raises money for PTO. I have to admit, this school is excellent at raising money, and you can clearly see where it is spent.

Another thing about Caleb's school is their lunch time. I have to admit that last week was the first time I went to lunch with him in the three years he has been at the school. I was more thank just a little bit surprised when he was able to sit wherever he wanted, with whomever he wanted, and talk as much as he wanted. What a difference from when Hannah was in grade school sitting boy/girl/boy/girl and not allowed to talk during lunch. I was so impressed that I made a point of telling the school office. They just looked looked at me and said "well that's their social time". Exactly! Something I pointed out repeatedly to Hannah's school. No wonder those kids acted out more in class.

Well, I'm off to get ready for work. Three in a row. Yea! Have a great few days.

Ciao! DE ;)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review of Igor....I like to know these things first. I love it when the adult humor is there and it goes over the heads of the little ones. What a talent to be able to write that way. I loved Shrek for that reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were assigned to a table and were not to talk much. Boring. I heard good things about the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I am SO glad you left me a comment! I almost deleted all my aol alerts without seeing them, if you hadn't commented I'd probably have lost all my old blog posts. Now they're safely transferred to blogger lol

    I'm glad that you had a good day, and I do wanna see Igor lol It looks silly to me.

    Ttyl!

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete