Thursday, May 02, 2013

Early Thursday - And I’m At the Crossroad



So, as I've already mentioned, there has been a change in my job position, and not only did my position change, but after 18 years of working nights, I have changed shifts as well.  And no, before you faint dead away from shock, I did not switch to day shift…well not entirely.  I now work the mid-shift, you know the shift that merges between the two, the one that begins when it’s just getting busy and ends when it’s still busy.  It’s kind of a half-life I like to think, the one that merges two different mind sets and ideas and ways of thinking and working.  And honestly, it’s the hardest shift to work because you almost never get a down time, and you have to work with everyone, including the “white coats” as I like to call administration.

In the midst of all the anger and hurt of my demotion I felt I needed some amount of control and I couldn't seem to find it.  My boyfriend said “think of what you want, but don’t give anything away if you don’t have to, but be prepared.”  That proved to be very good advice and I went into the meeting armed with what I wanted and what I expected to happen when I went back to work.  And even though I lost my position, I gained a shift that I wanted, a shift that would ultimately work better for me in the long run with school and my family.  A shift that would place me working more with people who appreciated me, and less with those who took advantage of me and disrespected me.

So whether we like it or not, each moment we have is really all we are given to work with on any given day.  It is really too easy to go about our lives forgetting where we are, where we have been, and where we are headed.  With every moment we find ourselves potentially at a crossroad of events in our lives, a moment that hangs on the here and on the now, and it’s very easy to get lost in a fog of forgetfulness of where we need to be and what we need to focus on.

Today, I choose to focus on the positive.  I’m not saying it’s going to be easy, and I’m not saying I’m not going to get upset or depressed or have feelings of hopelessness.  But what I am saying is at the crossroads of here and now, I am going plan on getting up each day and going to bed each night with a clear goal of focusing on all the infinite possibilities that lay ahead for me and to use the negative events as a catalyst to get me…...there.


Ciao!  De 

No comments:

Post a Comment