Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Early Wednesay - And I Am There


Whatever has happened to you has already happened.  The important question is, how are you going to handle it?  In other words…now what?

I’ve been demoted…so what?  What’s worse?  Not having a job.  Not having my health.  Not having my family.  Not having my boyfriend.  Not having a place to live or food to eat or clothes to wear.  There is worse than being demoted.  So why does it consume my every waking/sleeping thought and make me feel like the world is about to spiral out of control?  That is the question.

Like it or not, this is where I am in my life right now.  But an even better question is where I will be in my life tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year.  Well I can tell you that in two days I will be starting another class in my quest to become a nurse practitioner.  In 2 months I will have finished that class and about to begin another one.  Two months after that?  I will be starting my clinicals, which is the beginning to the end of this phase of my life and moving forward.

Did anyone just catch what I said….MOVING FORWARD.  That’s right, moving forward past the demotion, past the depression and despair, past the feeling of failure and inadequacy.  Past the bitch who made it her mission to demoralize me, past the negative environment created by her.  I will be moving past and forward to what is waiting for me…and whatever it is, it is infinitely better than her and than this place of being upset.

Now, to just keep my eye on the ball and I’m there.

Ciao!  De

No comments:

Post a Comment